Saturday, October 23, 2010

links: pausing

What helps me:

Remifemin, a supplement with black cohosh, traditionally used for menopausal symptoms. I forgot to take one Thursday and thought I wouldn't notice, but I woke up with horrible night sweats that night, so I won't miss it again.

Acne & Wrinkles: How to Tackle Both; from the wonderful Cosmetics Cop, Paula Begoun. Skin care information you can trust; I've used her products for years, and will stick to them.

Found on the web:

Which Menopause Products are Worth Buying? from ABC News via Good Morning America. The date on this story is March 30, 2004 -- however, the recommendations are from the Good Housekeeping Institute, and I'm most inclined to go with the recommendations for comfortable sleepwear.

7 Things Nobody Ever Tells You About Aging from Orpah.com, dated April 23, 2010. Leans heavily towards the "beauty" rather than "health" or "comfort" aspects about peri/menopause, but good to know.

Managing Menopause Symptoms Through Diet; from WebMD. I can go with most of these, though Food Step 1 won't be one of them, because I've done enough reading to know that soy probably isn't as good for you as everyone thinks.

The Estrogen Dilemma; from the New York Times Magazine. Really excellent article about the pros and cons of hormone replacement therapy.

No comments:

Post a Comment